Diploma in Culinary Arts
Course information Course Name: Diploma in Culinary Arts Duration: 2 years 6 months Entry Requirements Pass in SPM / SPMV or O’ level or equivalent with at least 3 credits in any subjects. Pass SPM with 1 credit and Pass in SKM Level 3 or equivalent certificate in relevant field. Pass in STPM with at least 1 […]
Course Name: Diploma in Culinary Arts
Duration: 2 years 6 months
- Pass in SPM / SPMV or O’ level or equivalent with at least 3 credits in any subjects.
- Pass SPM with 1 credit and Pass in SKM Level 3 or equivalent certificate in relevant field.
- Pass in STPM with at least 1 Grade C in any subject.
MOHE Approval Code: JPT/BPP(K)1000-600/P713Jld.6(17)
MQA Accreditation Code: (N811/4/0399) (PA13749)
The Diploma in Culinary Arts is designed to impart knowledge and skills specifically in the field of Culinary Arts which plays a vital role in the hospitality & food service sector. This program provides students with practical education in food production while developing professionalism and excellence required in a variety of kitchen settings.
The program prepares the students for classical cooking skills and mastery of fundamental kitchen techniques such as Knife skills, proficiency in the use of tools like mixers, fryers, and grills .
Kitchen safety and sanitation practices are emphasized.Teaches various kitchen disciplines that prepare you to work in any of the many kitchen ‘stations’. Hands-on food prep is at the core. Classical dishes and recipes are dissected and perfected.
Understanding flavors and creating logical food pairings is possible once students grasp the theory behind great cooking. Equip students with basic culinary and specialized skills in the area of food and Beverage management.
Students can gain practical experience in the kitchen with other related disciplines like business of cost control, sanitation and safety, menu and beverage management, nutrition, and kitchen management. The program prepares students to be professional in their approach and attitude.
This Diploma program is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and is approved by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
Students who successfully complete a Diploma in Culinary Arts can gain admission for advance entry into Bachelor Degree programs in related fields with majors in different areas of specialization in both Malaysian and foreign universities.
The Diploma in Culinary Arts program offers lucrative career opportunities leading to different career paths starting from Assistant Chefs and with experience climbing up the ladder to become Executive Chefs/Managers. For example, they can eventually work as:
- Executive Chef – Manages the kitchen staff, prepares work schedules, creates menus, and computes food costs.
- Assistant Chef – Assists the Executive Chef in running the kitchen by covering shifts during the Executive’s off time.
- Banquet Chef – Manages the kitchen staff in quantity food production for banquets, conferences, and conventions.
- Pastry Chef – Responsible for baking bread, pastries, and desserts and manages a staff of bakers at larger properties.
- Food Production Manager – Manages the production of quality food in large foodservice operations.
|Normal Fee||Promotion Fee|
|Malaysian Students||RM 24,000||RM 18,900/PTPTN|
|(PTPTN study loan available)
(Free laptop) * T&C apply
|International Students||RM 28,000||RM 24,900|